Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2011

On the 10th day of Christmas...






Tim Holtz gave to me....
Another Wickedly Awesome tag!
I LOVE this technique of making the 'mercury glass' ornaments with the tape transfer  technique, and his gorgeous facets.  This could easily be done with fragments too!

In the absence of his alpha parts, I used an old metal sticker that says "Joy" and painted it black, sanded to distress, rubbed with walnut stain, and heat embossed with clear.  In the absence of his banner die...i fudged my own by hand.  In the absence of his music stamp, I used one from Purple Onion Designs that I have had for years, and I still love it!  I didn't have nay mercury glass ornaments the right size, and I wouldn't want something so fragile on there anyway, with the little people at my house. lol  I took two very plain silver bells, painted them with plaitnum crackle paint...but I was impatient and dried with my heat gun...resulting in no crackles.  Oh well.  I inked with walnut stain after and embossed with clear powder. 
That tinsel started off stark gold...from Walmart I think.  I wanted it more aged, so I dropped a few drops of slate Alcohol ink on it and scrunched it up in my hand.  It turns out the gold is 'painted' on, and the alcohol ink removes some of that to make it silver and gold...so much prettier and vintage looking.  :0)
I also cut a branch with my movers and shapers die, from kraft CS, inked it with vintage photo distress stain, and then put some rock candy crackle on.  Then snowcap paint dauber, and picket fence distress stickles.   I used this to hang my ornaments from, they looked more anchored to me this way.


And last but not least, when I stamped my Kraft tags with the music stamp, I  couldn't help but see my new Maya Road snowflake on it....it just screamed Maya Road to me...and October Afternoon too...but I have yet to do one with some OA goodness.
So after pulling out one of my clear MR Snowflakes, I grabbed some MR ribbon, and one of their flowers.  Then I picked up my Martha snowflake punch complete with 3 coordinating snowflake stamps...and I stamped and cut them too!  The pearls are from a dollarama necklace that I cut apart, and the lovely little hearts are irock gems from my awesome KK over at the Nook!  Thank you Jac!  I love love love them!!!

No comments: